Monday 17 September 2012

Summer 2012 Re-cap

I just realized how long it’s been since I’ve blogged.  Time flies when you’re having fun!  This summer has been full of music, food, sun and travel.  I’ve been busy doing shows (CT, DC, PA, upstate NY, and a Spike Hill residency in Brooklyn) and have been writing lot’s of new tunes.  Here’s a live video of one of my favorites …



Summer can be a great time to visit with friends, and eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.  I like to make cookies in the summer because they travel well and don't melt in the heat.  I was at a friend's cookout last month and I tasted a delicious cookie.  It was a chocolate chip, cinnamon cookie.  Outstanding!  Here’s a recipe for the delightful treats …

Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies
 
    1/2 pound softened butter
    1 cup brown sugar
    3/4 cup granulated sugar
    2 eggs
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    2 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
    You can add cinnamon chips as well if you like.  I think it adds a nice texture. 


Heat oven to 350 degrees & line your cookie sheet with parchment paper.  Cream butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Sift dry ingredients together and stir in, mixing thoroughly. Add chocolate chips & cinnamon chips to batter and form cookies by using a small scoop or tablespoon.

Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Let cool on sheet before transferring them onto rack to cool completely. Enjoy!


I'd love to hear about your summer!  What is your favorite memory?  What's your favorite cookie recipe?  


No comments:

Post a Comment