Wednesday 25 April 2012

The interview

I was interviewed today.  Not for a show or magazine, but for my own promo video.  It's challenging to be "authentic" while on camera.  I found my self trying really hard to answer the question right, get the wording right.  Sometimes, I forgot what the question even was and I wrote the questions!  Maybe this is an art form, looking natural while a camera stares in your direction.  Maybe, I'm not completlely comfortable talking about myself.  I'd rather sing about it.  Yes, for the next interview, I will sing all the answers!  :) Ironically, tomorrow I'll be the one doing the interviewing.  My new show "JT's Artist Oven" shoots it's first episode tomorrow.  I get the privilege of interviewing Shelly Bhushan, a powerhouse singer/songwriter based out of Astoria, NY.  She'll be on my couch and then in my kitchen baking her famous apple cake.  I'll post the recipe after the show but I know it's going to be amazing!  I've heard stories about this cake!  Gil Cardon (from Riffslinger.com) is going to shoot the show and I'm pretty sure it's mainly because of the apple cake.  So, stay tuned for more about that.  In the meantime, I'm going to have some tea and think of some questions for Shelly. 

What kinds of questions would want to be asked if you were being interviewed?

Is there anything would you not want to talk about?


No comments:

Post a Comment