Thursday 12 April 2012

What to wear?


My Dad's girlfriend dresses him. We used to joke about it but it really is adorable. She'd show up in a sage green top with hand bag, shoes and nails to match. He'd show up in a sage green shirt and black pants. They looked sharp! Now, I must admit, I'm a little jealous. I want to be dressed. I'd like to have my clothes laid out for me everyday with a theme in mind. I end up wearing the same handful of outfits in rotation. Especially on a night where I have a show, I seem to have a fashion meltdown. The outfit I was planning to wear, I will try on, look at my reflection in horror and then promptly toss aside. I'll do this at least four more times before returning to my original outfit and running out the door.

One of my musician friends Shelly Bhushan brought up the same issue at a gig a few months ago. I felt better knowing I wasn't the only one with this dilemma. Maybe it's the nature of being female and wanting to feel "pretty". Or maybe it's as simple as this... I need to go shopping for some new clothes. Maybe, I should ask Beverly (my dad's girlfriend) to take me on as her special project. If you spot me at me next show wearing a sage green ensemble, you know why!

Where do you like to shop? Who are your style inspirations?

No comments:

Post a Comment