Monday 16 April 2012

Live music!

I play live music quite a bit but it's always a treat for me to go see live music. Especially when I know it's going to be good! I took a trip to LIC Bar tonight to see my friend Kathy Zimmer play with her two back-up singers "The Sugar Bowls" and drummer Chris Binelli. What a treat! Kathy has a smooth vocal style and catchy tunes and the Sugar Bowls sprinkled sugar all over her songs. Their harmonies were often doing something completely different than Kathy's melodies, yet they complimented her perfectly. Chris added some great beats as well that fit in nicely without overpowering Kathy. As I sat listening, I ran into a few friends and we talked about war, food, music and herbs (not herb, herbs). The bar was packed inside and out with people celebrating the summer like weather we've been having here. LIC Bar also has a free buffet on Monday nights so that adds to it's popularity. I left feeling full in a few senses of the word and will be back there to see more shows soon.

What was the last live show you saw? What's your favorite music spot?

No comments:

Post a Comment